If you want to fly the DJI Avata in manual mode, you will need to use the DJI FPV controller V2. This guide will run you through how to bind DJI Avata to FPV controller 2 and DJI Goggles 2. If you have any connecting or linking issues, just follow the step-by-step tutorial.
- No matter which combo you bought, the linking process is the same.
- Before we step into the process, make sure all the batteries are fully charged
How to Bind DJI Avata to DJI FPV Controller V2
Step 1. Update your DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to the latest firmware.
Update via DJI Fly App
If you have the FPV controller with your FPV drone, you can connect it with the drone and your phone, then you will get an update notice on the DJI Fly app.
Tap it to update the firmware to version V02.00.0200 or later.
Update via a Computer
If you only got the controller, you can update the latest firmware via PC or Mac. Here is the guide.
1. Go to DJI Download Center, find Software on the left menu, click on it, then you can see DJI Assistant 2 Series, select DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and next choose the right version according to the computer you use.
2. Install the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) and launch it.
3. Connect the DJI FPV Controller to the computer and turn it on, you will be able to see the DJI FPV Controller 2 icon.
4. Click on the Controller icon, then you will see all the available firmware. You can update, refresh or downgrade. Here we choose update.
Step 2. After successfully upgrading the DJI FPV Remote 2, power on the DJI Avata and the goggles 2, and the FPV controller 2, the controller will automatically connect to the drone in seconds.
Tips: If it doesn’t link to the drone, you can press and hold both the Avata and the Controller’s power buttons for 4 seconds to enter linking mode. You would hear the beeping sound and the led lights would keep flashing.
How to Link the DJI Avata to the DJI Goggles V2
To connect the DJI FPV controller 2 to the Goggles 2, you will need to activate the linking mode on the Goggles V2 and the drone.
Step 1. Connect your Goggles V2 to your mobile device, then power on the goggles, the FPV Controller, and the drone.
Step 2. Activate the linking mode on the DJI Goggles V2. Find the tiny hole next to the power connection and use the included allen key or something similar to press and hold the button for around 4 seconds, you will then hear a beeping sound which means it enters the linking mode.
Step 3. Go to the DJI Fly app, tap on the connection guide and choose the Avata, then press and hold the Avata power button for 4 seconds until you hear a beep sound. Wait for a few seconds and the Avata should be paired with the Goggles V2