Download videos from Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/DJI Mini 2 to your Mac, PC, iPad, or other mobile device is not a daunting task, but it may take a long time and a lot of effort if you have a lot of videos to download, e.g., 10GB videos may take more than 20 minutes to download. This post will show you both the normal way and the fastest way to transfer your Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Mini footage to your computer or mobile device.
The Normal Way to Download Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/DJI Mini 2 footage to your iPad/iPhone/Tablet
1. Connect your drone with the remote controller
After you successfully connect your drone with the remote controller, you will see the following screen on your mobile device.
2. Tap on ‘Album’ at the bottom-left corner to access all your videos and photos
3. Choose the files you want to download
Select the footage or photos you want to download and tap on the ‘Download’ icon. The downloading will start automatically. You can choose one by one or select multi-files.
- Don’t quit the DJI Fly app
- It’s better to do this right after you finish flying, or you will need to power on the drone, mount your mobile device and connect the remote controller all over again
- Make sure your drone, remote controller, and mobile device have enough power.
If you only have a few files and want to edit with the DJI Fly app, this is probably the easiest way to do. But If you have a lot of 4K videos and high-quality photos, the downloading process will take quite a long time, and your phone or tablet may not have enough storage. e.g. it takes more than 3 minutes to download a 1GB video, the duration varies from device to device. Your drone will also heat up during the process because it sits idle and there is no airflow!
Please Note: DJI Mini 2 has a new transmission feature called QuickTRansfer, check this guide to learn how to fast download using Quicktransfer.
Here comes a quicker way to transfer Mavic Air 2 videos to iPad/iPhone/Tablet
1. Turn off your Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/DJI Mini 2 and remove the sd card from the sd card slot.
2. Connect your sd card with a high-speed SD Card Reader. if you don’t have a high-speed sd card reader, check it out:
3. Connect your sd card to your mobile device via the card reader
You will find that the downloading time is significantly shortened. It only takes a few seconds to transfer a 1GB video from your drone to your iPhone or iPad.
Transfer Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/DJI Mimi 2 videos and photos to your PC/Mac
Transfer files from Mavic Air 2 to your PC is also quite easy, it only takes 3 steps.
1. Turn off the drone
2. Remove the MicroSD Card from the Mavic Air 2 sd card slot
3. Connect the sd Card to your PC/Mac using an SD Card Reader
4. Copy the files you want to download
- Don’t forget to insert the microSD card back to your Mavic Air 2 after transferring.
- Erase the videos and photos to free the space of your sd card, no need to reformat.
- If you got tons of files to download, you will have the same problem with transferring files to your mobile device. using a high-speed sd card reader will change the game by saving you loads of time.
You may also be interested in: