It’s said that the Mavic 3 is now in the trial-production proccess. And the following specs are confirmed:
- Equipped with Hasselblad camera.
- Come with dual cameras, capable of wide-angle and Zoom. Just refer to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced
- One camera uses a 1-inch COMOS sensor
- Obstacle avoidance uses fisheye lenses
At the beginning of this year, we said that the Mavic 3 is probably launched in September, according to the latest news, it’s likely to happen in October. DJI needs time to prepare for the holiday season.
According to a reliable source, the Mavic 3 is most likely to be launched in September 2021. If you are expecting it in early 2021, you will be disappointed.
According to a message from Chinese Social Media WeChat that the Mavic 3 will come with an M4/3-inch sensor and is capable of 8K photos. It’s capable of flying up to 45 minutes with a weight of less than 600g.
It is said that the camera’s weight will be only 30g.
There are a lot of discussions of the rumored Mavic 3 since last year. One of the most popular ones is that DJI will release the new Mavic Air 3 in January in 2020. More than 3 months have passed, but we still haven’t seen any solid evidence about DJI’s next flagship.
Now the new rumors saying that the Mavic 3 will be announced in June 2020.
As someone who has 5 years’ working experience in this industry. I got to tell you that if you are waiting for the Mavic 3, I can give you a confirmed answer: You won’t see that happen this June, not even in 2020, and there won’t be any solid information until late this year.
Here are the reasons:
1. DJI just announced the new Mavic Air 2 in April. It comes at a very affordable price and even edges out the current flagship Mavic 2 in terms of flight time, video shooting, transmission system, and intelligent flight modes. The Mavic Air 2 is now in its prime time, and will probably become one of the most popular consuming drones in 2020. There is no need to release another new drone to take the heat from it.
2. According to my knowledge, it takes DJI at least 3 months to prepare for a product like Mavic 3 after they confirm the final release date. Because of the COVID-19, all the industries are affected, some DJI staff are still working remotely, and it poses a great challenge for factories whose top priority is the Mavic Air 2. Also, it’s impossible for the designers, video team, and web team to finish the website and store within such a short time.
3. The Mavic 3 Project was officially initiated internally in DJI this late April. Though they may have already figured out everything, it’s still way too early for commercialization and production.
Release Date: when is the Mavic 3 coming?
Unfortunately, there is no confirmed answer to this question. As mentioned above, this whole project was brought to the stage this April, I guess DJI hasn’t figured out a release date yet, they will need to wait until Mavic 3 is in production.
Optimistically, I think we won’t see this happen until early 2021 or even later. There is so much uncertainty. Anyway, we will have more information late this year.
What is Mavic 3 like?
Mavic 3’s weight will be under 600g.
It’s likely that Mavic 3 will use the same foldable design as what we see in Mavic Air 2. As you can see from the above picture, the top of Mavic Air 2 (right) and Mavic 2 Pro (left) is different. It’s said that this new design performs better when it comes to aerodynamic.
Because of the improvement in design, so the weight will be likely reduced compared to Mavic 2s.
There will be a significant breakthrough in the battery. Max Flight Time could go up to 45 minutes.
The camera will pack an M4/3-inch sensor that supports 8K photos. If this is true, it will be the same as the ZENMUSE X5S camera which is used on the Pro drone Inspire 2.
It will come with a more reliable transmission system which will be even better at handling interference and disconnecting issues. The Mavic Air 2 can go up to 6.2 miles (10 km), will the Mavic 3 perform even better with a longer range? Personally, I am positive about this.
Should you wait for the Mavic 3
If you have no drones and really want one, don’t wait and the new Mavic Air 2 is a good choice. If you are a Mavic drone user and want the best drone for aerial photography, you can wait because the new flagship will surely blow your mind.
We will keep updating this post once we get any information. Let us know your thought by leaving a comment below!